“Changing the Face of Education, One Child at a Time”
What would school look like for children, families, and educators if anything were possible?
According to the California Department of Education, special education services were provided to 686,352 individuals, newborn through twenty-two years of age, in 2011–12. In addition, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 5.9 million children between the ages of 3 and 17 years of age have been diagnosed with ADHD at some point in their lifetime.
What if some of these classifications could be reduced or avoided altogether?
What if school districts were not spending and inordinate amount on money on these services each year?
What if the problem is with the system and NOT with the children?
To answer these questions, a paradigm shift is required! Sir Ken Robinson speaks of such a paradigm shift , and we at HLS are pioneers on the forefront of this shift.
(Watch Sir Ken’s TED talk at: http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_changing_education_paradigms)
What if our approach to educating our youth results in…
- A reduction in the number of children being diagnosed and medicated for learning differences?
- Improved school culture and climate leading to higher morale and less teacher burnout and attrition?
- Every child accessing his or her genius potential?
- Enhanced classroom management for the benefit of all?
- Optimal mental physical, social, and emotional health for students, staff, and families?
- A healthy community where individuals communicate effectively for the betterment of all?
Imagine all the possibilities! With school districts spending less money on special services, happy teachers, children reaching their full potential, a community of balanced and thriving individuals, a true home-school connection…ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
At HLS, we customize and individualize our support. We take your school community through an organic process and assist you in getting from your current circumstances to your desired outcomes. Through a combination of the services and programs we offer, we design a unique plan to fit the needs of your community and school. As part of the process we aid you in:
- Setting goals
- Performing a gap analysis
- Implementing strategies and solutions
- Concretely measuring outcomes